2/22/11

One Last Post....

Its February 22nd.  Its 10am in the morning.  I just unwrapped one of the last gifts for Ella.  I have over 50 "thank yous" to write.  My "to do" list has 23 things on it.  I have been sick as a dog for the last week, can hardly breathe.  The laundry is going.  The dishes need to be put away.  I dont have anything to cook for dinner.  There is mail in the mail box from last week still.  Ellas room has gift bags and boxes and wrapping paper all over it.

I dont really care.

February 25th, we are going to be parents.  WHAT???  My mind is empty for anything but the fact that Ella will be here on Friday (or Saturday).

We are being induced on Friday morning.  Ella is a bit big for her age and doctors are worried that if she grows any bigger I wont be able to naturally birth her and they fear a C-section.  I would prefer to give birth the other way, so we are ok with the induction.  Plus, it gives our family time to get here (hopefully)!!! 

Last weeks trip to the hospital was a bit much for Ryan and I.  We anticipated the worst and then expected a delivery...we got neither....which was good, but emotional.  So, we are officially very excited that we know when to expect her.  The idea of a surprise water breaking run to the hospital is still something we'd love for, but God knows what He is doing and we will trust our physicians. 

Needless to say, in the preperation for her to come home, I am SCARED TO DEATH.  The whole 9 months of pregnancy you worry about what your eating, what your feeling, if she is growing.  You anticipate every ultrasound, you wonder if they will find something wrong.  Then, all of a sudden its time.  The idea of labor and delivery has me a bit overwelmed.  I know that the womens body is made for child birth.  Its not a battle against the body, its a battle against the mind.  I come from a slightly intense family that tends to worry and have high anxiety.  So my battle is in my mind.  I know in my heart that God is in control and I shouldnt worry, but when I tell that to my heart rate or  blood pressure, it doesn't help. 

So, all the things that need to get done....Im just not worrying about.  Im focused on a positive and happy labor and delivery and focusing on what I need to do to prep my mind. 

In the mean time...WE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!!!  The next post will be of our precious little girl!  Please keep us in your prayers.  We cannot wait for her to meet everyone!  We know she is going to bring so much joy into our lives and holding her for the first time is going to be the most precious moment in our life.  Thank you for all of your love and support and blessings over the past 9 months.  She is one loved little girl! 

Until Im a mommy......

3 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph is hilarious....welcome to motherhood...and you know what? You two are going to be great parents...who's more blessed, Ella or you two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep this in mind during the labor pains, at the end you will have your gift from God and the pain will all be forgotten when you look at her for the first time.
    I will be thinking of you on Friday.
    Aunt Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Ella is loved already and so are you and Ryan. Can't wait to see that precious little bundle from heaven. Come on.. Ella Grayce.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive