8/23/10

Things are Changing

Ryan will be the first to tell you that I am a different person since becoming pregnant.  Ive slowed down.  My view on everything in life has changed.  I am quieter.  I am more calm.  I dont get as worked up as I used to.  A lot of things that would normally bother me, dont. 

Life is different now.  Things are changing.

I have started valuing things that I used to take for granted.  One of these things,  family.  I know that this little baby has brought Ryan and I more joy than we could ever imagine.  And as the weeks go by, we are hearing/seeing the joy it is bringing those closest to us.  We cant say how blessed we are that we are only 3 hours away from my parents, and 40 minutes from Ryans.  We cant wait for them to hear our itty bits heart beat, and see its little shape on the ultrasound screen.  We cant wait to share in the joy that is filling our lives.

Things are changing.  I miss my sisters so very much and cant wait for them to hold our little baby for the 1st time.  I cant wait for our neices and nephews to call itty bit "cousin".  I cant wait for Grammy Claire to love our itty bit with every ounce of her soul.    I cant wait to hear our sweet little one call Kelly "Auntie".  So many things are going thru our minds we almost dont have time during the day to talk about all of them!  Like, when our baby first grabs our fingers.  Or when I get to bond with it while feeding it against my skin.  Things we never thought we'd feel/think we are so looking forward to.

Ryan was talking to me about a phone call he recently had with Mom Myrick.  She was telling him how much parents love their children and that you dont feel that love until you become a parent.  He was sharing his heart with me about how we treat our families.  When our child is 20 years old, we are going to want it to call us on its way home from work, or check in with us when its experienced something amazing.  We as children should be doing the same thing we want our children to do for us when they are our age.  We should be sharing moments with our families, calling our parents, including them in everything, allowing them to love us, loving them in return.  "Family" means something so much more now.  Family, is what we will have in 7 months.  Family is what will always be around and what will always get us thru.

Family is changing.

Next week we go in for our last 1st trimester appointment!  WoW!!!!  We cant believe we are already 11 weeks along and only 7 months away from meeting Itty Bit!!!!

2 comments:

  1. RnR...you make parenting the two of you rather easy when you have your priorities straight, and that's what I'm seeing, and reading. Family is so so important. I pray God gives you both the strength and the wisdom to be the type of parents He's ready to make you.

    Great video...Itty Bit...come see us all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will always have family, immediate and extended.....keep them in your life. I know it means a lot to me to be kept in my family's lives. Friends come and go but your family is forever, until Christ takes them home. Take time to say thank you for your wonderful family, and bless you both for being part of our family. We are all special in HIS sight! Can't wait to see "itty bit!"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive